Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Fourth Month old

At this phase of my life I had recovered from the prior surgeries and was all set to be a full time mother. I was still at my mum's place. After pregnancy, there is tradition in India where they won't let their daughter in the even month i.e., as my son is 4 month old..I m not allowed to go back to my place but if he is 5 month, then I allowed to go. Some number odd-even number game I guess. Till date I couldn't understand this weird tradition. But as it is followed by every1 even I did.
I waited for this month at my mum's place and was ready for the months to come.
My baby had started moving. He would complete a circle around him when laid on carpet and sometimes he would travel 1 feet ahead when on back. He also learnt to roll himself on stomach and then way back to the normal position. That was his first major milestone according my mum's baby milestone meter (second is crawling and then walking and the last would be talking). She was so tensed as my baby rolled back only on the fourth month. According to her friends normal babies these days roll on 45th day. There was lot of efforts and a bit of drama from my mum to make him roll on hi stomach. She along with our elderly maid used to place him on right so that he can roll over easily. The drama ended on 16th December 2009, when he finally rolled himself back. It was so blissful to see him lift his head by his own. Really 'BLISS' is the word.
Apart from that my son was still an cute angel. He mostly used to sleep other than his eating and playing hours.

Troublemakers:
My mum's friends and our elderly maid

Baby schedule for four month old:
This would be same as earlier but apart from that I used to feed him water in between 2 feeds.
(water generally would be 1 to 2 spoons)

No comments:

Post a Comment